Who doesn’t love a good ole’ bowl of delicious beef strognaoff? For me this is one of my favorite childhood dishes. Despite some of our ridiculous requests, each year for our birthday Mom would make us our favorite dinner. Yeah, I know, my Mom is pretty awesome! You better believe that for me beef strognaoff was at the top of my list for years on end and still is today! I’ve found a way to make delicious and healthy! Score!!! Hope you enjoy!
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook time: 40 min
Total time: 1 hr
- 4 tsp grass fed butter (could also use olive oil or ghee)
- 1 1/2 lbs beef sirloin (cut into thin cubes)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 4 oz sliced mushrooms (totally optional)
- 1/3 cup gluten free flour
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup sugar free catsup
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (plain goats milk yogurt works great to)
- 1 tsp sea salt (could also use Himalayan salt)
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp parsley
- 2 cups quinoa
- Start cooking quinoa according to package directions.
- Heat butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until melted.
- Place all beef cubes in glass bowl. Pour flour over the beef. Stir until all beef is coated with flour. Be sure to use all the flour and save any extra that doesn’t make it onto the beef.
- Add onions, mushrooms & garlic to skillet, cook for 1 minute.
- Add to skillet coated beef cubes and any additional flour from the bowl. Stir frequently for about 5-7 minutes until meat is browned.
- Pour in beef broth to the skillet. Bring to boil, stirring frequently. Boil for 2 minutes then reduce heat to medium-low heat.
- Add in ketchup, yogurt and seasonings. Stir until everything is well mixed.
- Let mixture cook on low-medium heat until sauce thickens. Stirring frequently for an additional 8-10 minutes.
- Remove sauce from stove, let it cool down for a couple of minutes.
- Serve beef strognaoff over quinoa garnished with parsley.